Three weeks ago, I was leaning over to look under
I stopped for a minute to make sure I didn't do anything serious, but everything seemed okay. There was never any pain, just that one pop feeling that did not feel to be bone or joint related.
Fast forward a few weeks to yesterday, and I was driving over a high bridge, when I started to feel a little pressure in that same spot. It went away after I descended down the bridge. It did the same thing a couple of hours later when I crossed the bridge again. I've ran a few 5Ks in between these events as well as exercised nearly daily and have experienced no other issues other than what I've described here. I can't find any info on this online. Does it seem like something I can disregard? The first thing I had thought at the time was that I a popped a blood vessel.
Eustachian tube stabilising air pressure
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I don't think this is related to popping a blood vessel. I believe you just popped air in Eustachian tube. It is a cannal that connects the middle ear to the nasopharynx. It controls the pressure in middle ear making equal to pressure outside body.
So when you go up the pressure outside is lower and a pop is felt making air to go out of ear.
When you go downhill the pop doubt is made letting air to go inside ear.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Eustachian tube stabilising air.
Hello again dear , possibly you had suddenly moved head from down to up and Sir in Eustachian tube has moved.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.