Thanks. Over 10 years ago I had an attack of
Increased fiber with antibiotic course.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
If it is a diverticular infection then you need to take antibiotics initially followed by anti inflammatory.Once symptoms are relieved food and life style changes would help.
Initially go for stool test and ultrasound abdomen to see if there is Bacterial or protozoal infection.
Then start taking
Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily
Metronidazole 400mg thrice daily for 14 days.
Increase fiber in food keep it up to 30 gram a day.
Take probiotic like Econorm daily.
Eat easily digestible Veg food for few days.
Hope I was helpful,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?