Taking losartan 25 mg. Will it be safe to stop taking this drug?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been taking Losartan for just under two weeks. 25MG once a day. I would like to stop taking this drug and want to know is it ok to just stop.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 40 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, your age is in higher range. I can understand the situation when the blood pressure was measured. But, that also indicates a tendency of hypertension. In this age group which is alarming.

What you have to do is to consult with a cardiologist for clinical evaluation, and for oredering required investigation to rule out presence of hypertension. If the clinical evaluation and investigations proves absence of any abnormality then you can stop it. Otherwise, you have to continue it.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.