Taking loestrin and had genital contact. Pregnancy test was negative. How accurate is the pregnancy test?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: I am on Loestrin, had genital contact with my boyfriend 27 days ago (10/13). I took the second pill of my pack 12 hours late (10/13), but took all of the rest on time. I got my regular period on the 3rd day of placebos (11/7), but it was lighter than normal, but still happened. I took a pregnancy test this morning, and it was negative. Can I trust the results of this test? I have been feeling really bloated, but don't really have any other symptoms. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you can trust the results. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The possibility of pregnancy is not there. First of all there was no penetration during the sex. Then you did not miss even a single pill from the pack. Now you had your periods on time. Even if the bleeding is lighter, it rules out the pregnancy. The pregnancy test also suggests the same. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
Thanks so much for your quick answer. What could the bloating possibly be from?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gas and indigestion. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. gas and indigestion is the most common cause. Doing some dietary modifications and avoiding constipation by increasing your fluid intake will help. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards