Taken Several BP Meds Over Yrs. Currently Taking 50mg Larsartan
Valium can reduce blood pressure but it is not recommended to treat high blood pressure. Kindly asked for some more information.
Valium can reduce blood pressure values and enhance the effect of the medications used to treat high blood pressure. Even though studies find that Valium decreases high blood pressure, it is not recommended in any medical guidelines to be used for this purpose. On the other hand its safety with long term use is of concern and if the doctor gives it should weigh the benefits and risks of Valium regular use.
You have mentioned that you have already used many medications to treat high blood pressure without much effect. I would kindly ask for some more information related to this:
- which medications have you used?
- have you had combination of more then 2 medications for high blood pressure at the same time? Which of them?
- have you been trying conservative treatment for hypertension: low salt diet, healthy lifestyle with some exercise daily and healthy diet, no smoking, etc?
- do you have other medical problems like diabetes, heart problems?
- how often do you get values over 160/100 mmHg and how often do you get values under 90/60mmHg?
- have you been trying other medications for anxiety, other then Valium?
Treatment of hypertension can be difficult in some patients, different patients have better effect with certain medications and good check and follow up is needed to find the right medications and dose for each patient.
Kindly asked to let me know of the above information. You can copy and paste my questions and answer under each question so you don't miss them.
Waiting to hear from you.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj, General and Family Physician