Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suggest ways to increase height?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
Hello Sir, I am 22 years, male and 5 ft 3.5 inches. Please can you suggest me something for an increase in height.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly view the details

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Height of an individual is determined by Genetics, Environmental & Nutritional factors and Hormonal factors (most important the Growth Hormone secreted by pituitary gland in brain)
An individual stops growing in height after the fusion of the Epiphyses (growth plates) of the long bones, which occurs by the age of 19-22 yrs in males. you are already 22 years old, there is a less chance of achieving your dream height.
You can get an X XXXXXXX of the wrist joint done to determine whether the growth plates have fused or not.
1. In case they are fused, increase in height is possible only through surgical methods.
2. If they are not fused, then a increase in height can be expected.
Under such circumstances, make sure that you are taking a healthy & balanced diet, exercise regularly & avoid stress.
Protein XXXXXXX diet like soya, groundnut, pulses, etc. should be incorporated in your diet plan.

One more thing, kindly avoid getting influenced by any advertizement or over the counter medication which claim to boost your growth hormone & increase height. It may be harmful.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor