Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

189 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment to help with jock itch

Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8513 Questions

Posted on Thu, 20 Sep 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am suffering from jock itch for the last few months. It gets really severe sometimes and I have to itch it with full force to get some relief. Could you please suggest something?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Oral and topical antifungals.

Detailed Answer:

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g Clotrimazole cream, twice daily for 2 weeks. In addition to this you may take an oral antifungal e.g Tab. Fluconazole once daily for 2 weeks.

I also suggest you to take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.

These are prescription medications and I advice you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on