Suggest treatment to help with jock itch

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Sep 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am suffering from jock itch for the last few months. It gets really severe sometimes and I have to itch it with full force to get some relief. Could you please suggest something?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Oral and topical antifungals.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g Clotrimazole cream, twice daily for 2 weeks. In addition to this you may take an oral antifungal e.g Tab. Fluconazole once daily for 2 weeks.

I also suggest you to take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.

These are prescription medications and I advice you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad