Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for wheezing in a child

Answered by
Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 3191 Questions

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hi,
My 3 years old daughter have weezing issue, We took medication from various doctors. Medicenes used : Levolin inhaler using HUF PUF kit. We dont find any improvement. Kindly suggest a solution.
Noadays it started coming regularly.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Steam inhalation will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day


Being a parent myself I understand your concern and apprehension.
The most likely cause of recurrent wheezing could be allergy , especially to dust.

I would advise you the following, which i am sure will definitely help

1. Steam inhalation: It will be a good habit to cultivate. Steam inhalation for 10-15 minutes each session twice a day. Give it regularly even if she is alright. It helps reduce nasal congestion and also clears the nose. You can buy a good quality electronic steamer
2. Monticope suspension: It has antihistaminic and mast cell stabilizer which will help reduce airway hyper reactivity and reduce the incidence of future attacks. It has to be used for 4- 6 months after which it can be stopped. 2.5 mg of Montelukast once daily
3. Wash the bed sheets pillow covers and cloth of baby in hot boiling water: It will remove the dust , mites and allergic substance present in it.
4. Decoction: To a cup of milk + 20 tulsi leaves+ 1 spoon of turmeric + small piece of ginger + 4 black pepper + 2 spoon of sugar. Bring it to boil. Filter it and feed her warm daily. It will reduce airway congestion and also Tulsi will boost immunity
5. Chyawanprash : 1 teaspoon twice a day will be beneficial to build up immunity
6. Himalaya Septilin syrup 5 ml twice a day will also boost immunity. Continue giving her for 3-4 months.

If the symptoms persists then consult Respiratory physician for detailed assessment.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take care

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Septilin

doctor1 MD

hi, I am 34 years old, 26 weeks pregnant with my second child. I would like to know if there is any specific diet and Ayurvedic medicines I can have now and after delivery. Heard that medicines containing shatavari helps in increasing breastmilk...

doctor1 MD

My 2.5 yr old kid is suffering from cold and cough . Can using Himalaya septilin be a good option ?? I have been giving him relent+ 3.5 ml twice a day . I am giving him steam too but he is not getting over it. He needs an antibiotic and his cold n...

doctor1 MD

My 3 year old daughter has cough n cold......she always catches cold first then on third day or fourth day she starts coughing that too very much especially at night after sleep she coughs a always happens after 1-2 months.....I was...

doctor1 MD

I have severe chronic fatigue and recently developed a bad severe sore throat . I know this is a symptom of cfs . What can i do for it besides drinking salt water and taking motrin. i am 34 female. i also have hot flashes and then get cold. What can i do about the soar throat it feels like im swallowing glass and is very swollen. i also have post nasal drip.

doctor1 MD

hi my son is 2.2year old,every month he is having severe cold cough & mucous is green.sometime he is having fever (100f).he is 12kg what can i do.any tonic is there to develop the immunity .pls give the solution for more thing v can give cod liver oil to develop the immunity & how much to give for him...pls reply...

doctor1 MD

My 13 year male autistic child is having frequent cold and skin problems