Suggest treatment for vulvar cancer

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Cancer
Question: I HAVE VULVAR CANCER THEY WANT TO REMOVE MY VAGINA,BLADDER AND RECTUM
RIGHT NOW IT IS LOCALIZED IF I DO NOTHING HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO KILL ME
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCm

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concerns,but trust me, surgery must be done and this is only possible treatment,although I am not sure if complete cure can be achieved. You ll probably need chemo or radiotherapy after surgery. Unfortunately, this is serious disease and it must be treated aggresively. It is hard to predict prognosis for both surgical and nonsurgical treatment but without treatment prognosis is very poor and it is hard to expect 1 year survival. Surgery followed by chemotherapy can prolong life for 2,,3 or even several years. I am sure that you ll find strength to continue with treatment and wish you good luck. Wish you good health. Regards