Suggest treatment for vaginal dryness and frequent urination despite being on Macrobid

Posted on Wed, 1 Jul 2015 in Infections
Question: Developed a minor UTI last week. Cloudy urine. Urge to pee but not too bad and no pain of any kind. Saw a doctor. Had a urine test. Came back positive for UTI I'm allergic to Diflucan so he prescribed a weeks worth of Macrobid. Two pills a day at meals. I'm just about done with Macrobid. Today is my last day and last night I started to need to pee a lot which has continued through today. Also suddenly experiencing vaginal dryness and can smell something...not fishy.. just not sweet down there. Does this mean the drug didn't work? My urine is no longer cloudy but all these other symptoms have suddenly shown up. Do I go back in to get tested again?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urine culture and Sensitivity test needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about UTI.

Following is my reply:

1. Macrobid has not worked.

2. Please get urine culture and sensitivity test done to know the organism responsible for UTI and the antibiotic it is sensitive to.

3. Taking proper sensitive antibiotics will only help you.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dr. Soumya
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN