Suggest treatment for synovial cyst on middle finger of right hand

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have a synovial cyst on middle finger of right hand which sometimes gets infected which affects the nail bed and deforms the nail. How can I get rid of the sinovial cyst. My GP has tried to cut it out but it is back as before emitting a clear jelly like fluid when squeezed.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may send the picture of hand,If possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. To understand better please tell me -are you diabetic and when did you first noticed the cyst?
You may send the picture of hand if possible. The only solution looks to be revision surgery and it may or may not involve the removal of nail along the cyst.MRI test will help us to define the boundary of cyst.
Looking forward to your reply.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for synovial cyst on middle finger of right hand 11 hours later
I am not diabetic, have been told I am pre-diabetic, whatever that means.
Cheers,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As follows

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It’s good to see you
After going through the whole discussion you may get benefitted from a meticulous revision surgery after MRI.Take care of pre diabetic status by avoiding food item rich in sugar and may take off and on sugar free tablets.