Suggest treatment for swelling on the foreskin and dehydration
two days ago and till now, i have the foreskin swollen, dehydrated, red and kind of rough, feels bit itchy sometimes, no pain, urination is normal no pain, after washing, it will be better for few minutes only, and then back to the old situation, there is a like one very small pimple on the external skin,
my sexual life was normal, one healthy partner, till this situation appears two days ago.
please help me to know what is it, and how to treat it, what medicine can helps
I went through the query and checked the picture attached.
You have what we call it as Balanitis, the inflammation of the foreskin of the head of the penis. The reason could be allergic, injury to the foreskin.
Abstain from intercourse and masturbation for at least one week.
Apply a moisturizer like vaseline and mild steroid like 'Hydrocortisone' over the counter cream alternately every 4 hours. The redness and swelling will subside in two days.
Fucicort is not required as it has antibiotic as well. You need moisturizer like vaseline or petroleum jelly. Dryness cracks the foreskin.
Maintain proper local hygiene.
If you have recurrent balanitis, circumscision is the best option since I find an extra skin there. This lodges waste, smegma, reservoir for infection as well.
Hope this is clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for correct dehydration
- Dehydration treatment for adults
- Treatment and cure for relative dehydration
- Treatment and cure for maternal dehydration
- Severe dehydration treatment
- Treatment for dehydration
- Treatment and cure for partial dehydration
- Treatment and cure for subsequent dehydration
- Treatment and cure for alcohol dehydration
- Treatment and cure for rapid dehydration