Suggest treatment for shoulder pain

Question

My name is xxxxx, i am suffering from shoulder pain.
An year back i slept in bad form and got my shoulder pain. In next few days i visited a doctor, who said nothing to worry and gave me medicines.
My pain got relieved but not fully. I used to experience pain in shoulder once in a blue moon when i used it (e.g. a long drive).
But now a days i am feeling my shoulder pain on daily basis, also i feel like my shoulder is a bit sagged as compared to other shoulder.
Affected shoulder is right and i am right handed.
kindly help.
Fri, 1 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recommend orthopedic evaluation....

Detailed Answer:

Based on your description, you seem to be suffering with regular shoulder pain from one year. Sleeping in a bad posture is unlikely to cause pain for an year. Therefore unless you had a preexisting shoulder (structural) problem which got aggravated from bad posture, I don't think bad posture is the cause of your pain.

That being said, without clinical examination, it is difficult to predict the cause. I will recommend you visit an orthopedic surgeon. Careful clinical examination of the shoulder along with X-ray / scan will be required to understand the precise reason for pain.

In the interim, you may use topical pain relieving measures such as warm compresses and occasional antiinflammatory medications like aceclofenac whenever pain is severe.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for shoulder pain 19 hours later
Hi thanks for reviewing my query. Could you please suggest any good orthopedic surgeon or physiotherapist in XXXXXXX ncr region. As last time i was not diagnosed correctly.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Any ortho doctors from multidisciplinary hospital...

Detailed Answer:
Apologies for the late reply..

I have my practice in XXXXXXX and I am not personally aware of doctors from XXXXXXX However I have found good reviews about Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX who practices in Fortis Hospital.

That being said, you may also consider orthopedic doctors from other multidisciplinary hospitals or medical college hospitals. Doctors from these hospitals are experienced and knowledgeable. You may consider one among them.

Wish you good luck and Advance New Year wishes!!