Suggest treatment for shortness of breath and pain in the ribs

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: I have been experiencing increased shortness of breath, pain in his and pelvis area and now have a lump on my chest, between nipple and center if rib cage.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Male/69 - Asthma - Dulera an Albuterol - * Aspirin for joint pain - experiencing increased shortness of breath - pain in hip and pelvic area - now lump on chest between nipple and center of rib cage...

First of all, the most important thing is that you should NOT take Aspirin as it is contraindicated in Asthma; should never be taken. You Doctors will prescribe the medication of pain which is allowed in asthma.
Aspirin might have been the reason that breathlessness might have been increased due to exacerbation of asthma.
Pain in the hip and pelvic area would have been due to myalgia or osteoarthritis of the hip joint and you need to consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for clinical evaluation, examination, Investigations like MRI of the hip joint and the surrounding area.
The lump in the chest would have been due to inflamed cyst. But should be confirmed by actual examination and ultrasonography if required.
Please give additional information about the lump:
- Size and shape.
- Is the skin red or normal color?
- Is there any pain or tenderness?
- Does it increase with coughing?
- Any other information you would to share.
- Please post clear and focused picture.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar