Suggest treatment for severe muscles cramps in the leg

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I am having terrible leg cramps in my left leg. I am hydrating and doing everything I can for a normal cramp but this radiates from my upper thigh down to my calf. Intermittently. I am also having numbness and tingling in my hands and eye doctor says I have painless ocular migraines had one a few weeks ago and now this morning in right eye.. other one was in left eye I see waving lines this one went away quickly but my leg is still hurting a lot. Can't get doctor appointment til next week
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedies to apply until you see your Doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Sometimes muscles cramps are harmless, but in certain cases, muscles cramps may be related to underlying conditions such impaired blood supply due to arteriosclerosis, nerve compression (spinal stenosis for example), electrolytes imbalance in blood.

Until you meet with your Doctor next week, to get evaluated further, is necessary to avoid physical efforts, stretching exercises are necessary, stay good hydrated, use vitamin B complex supplements.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj