Suggest treatment for severe foot pain with red spots on the legs

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello, my name is XXXX XXXXXXX and I have been having foot pain for the past couple of months and I have a couple of brownish red spots on my legs. I went to the doctor and she checked my pulsations and said it's not a clogged artery or a blood clot, and I am waiting for the results of a diabetes test, but do you think this could be skin cancer or foot cancer? I rarely spend any time in the sun, but I do skip showers a lot sometimes going several days without taking a shower and I do not know whether this is a cause of skin cancer. I am a 35 year old female, and I weigh 200 lbs. I take a lot of psychiatric medications for a mental illness so the medications could be causing it, but do you think this sounds like skin cancer or foot cancer?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't seem to be related to foot or skin cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and I don't think your pain is related to skin cancer or foot cancer.
Your pain can be related to increased uric acid levels, low vitamin D levels or some soft tissue or cartilage injury to the foot.
I would recommend you to go for x ray of the foot, serum vitamin D levels and uric acis levels and if required MRI foot to find out the exact cause of pain.
Even not taking bath for several days is not a cause of skin cancer.
Psychiatric medications also are not a cause of foot pain.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad