Suggest treatment for severe anxiety

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have been known to suffer from anxiety and I can be called a hypochondriac. I have been under immense stress at work as well as at home and I'm hoping this "problem" is all in my head. About 6 months ago I had a complete physical done including urine test for kidney function etc, everything came back good. My blood pressure can run high but exercise and diet I have been keeping it around 125 over 80 lately. One day while at the grocery store I used their bp machine and it said it was 160 over 103! I panicked and rechecked it at home, while it was hi 140/90 it was no where near what the store said. Since then I have been worried my kidneys are damaged. I sometimes have bubbly urine which I heard could be result from kidney damage and I also have trouble sleeping. I'm a 35 yo male. My questions is: could my kidneys have gotten damaged to the point of leaking protein in just 6 months?! Thank you. BTW I've noticed when it sit to urinate I have almost zero bubbles.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it does not

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
First about your bp. One or two readings of high bp does not diagnose high bp. It should be persistently high. Further it takes around 5-10 years of uncontrolled bp for patients to develope kidney dysfunction.
Now about your kidneys, as you had all your tests done only 6 months ago, it is very difficult for it to abnormal now. Bubbles in urine can be normally present.
Still if you are worried, you can get your Kidney Function Test, Urine Routine examination & ultrasound abdomen, which will clear all your worries.
If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 38 minutes later
Thank you Doctor it is much appreciated!
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
It was pleasure talking with you.
If you need help in future. I'll be happy to help.
If you don't have any more question regarding present situation, you can choose to close the discussion.
Wishing you a healthy life.
Thanks & take care