Suggest treatment for right knee joint pain during pregnancy

Question
Hello Doctor
I am 10 weeks 5 days pregnant and having pain in one of the right knee joints. It is quite tender and I cannot sleep because of that.I did warm compresses but it got worse and now I can't even walk. What medication or treatment can I take for this ?

Regards XXXXXXX
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take analgesic which is safe during pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Why you are having this pain?
Are you having any injury on it?
Have you done your calcium and vitamin D3?
You should continue hot fomentation and you can take analgesic which is safe during pregnancy like paracetamol.
But knee pain during early pregnancy could be due to hormonal changes occurs during pregnancy.
It could be due to carpal tunnel syndrome or it could be due to arthritis.
You can do mild walking, phydiotherapy( which is safe during pregnancy) to relief pain.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for right knee joint pain during pregnancy 1 hour later
I have been having this pain since a few years but it is recurring and sporadic , happens if the knee is strained or exerted too much . This happens only in right knee. Also last time I got vitamin d test done the level way too low around 7 I guess. Thank you I will take paracetamol for pain.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can take.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the information.
So you should take proper rest and hot fomentation.
We will get it investigated after pregnancy because you can not take medicine and x-ray ray can not be possible during pregnancy.
It could be arthritis also.
Have you checked your uric acid level?
Your vitamin d level is too low, have you taken anything for the same.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.