Suggest treatment for restless leg syndrome

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have restless leg syndrome. Sometimes I shake all over. It keeps me from sleeping. Is there anything I can do?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see as below

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Restless leg syndrome is usually caused either by iron deficiency, or by peripheral nerve damage. So, I would recommend you do blood work testing for iron levels. If iron levels are not the problem, I recommend you take vitamin B complex which can help with nerve damage and pain.

Exercise and daily physical activity can greatly help with the symptoms, so I highly recommend you take up walking and light exercise as a daily routine.

Hot and cold packs on the leg muscles, as well as massage can also significantly reduce the symptoms of this syndrome.

If none of the above bring you the desirable relief, that see a doctor for a Gabapentin prescription.

I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj