Suggest treatment for recurrent acute headaches when BP is 110/70
my wife aged 42 is suffering from acute headache for last 1 years. BP-110/70. Where to consult?
Provide more details as asked
i have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Headache in this age may her due to primary or secondary causes.
Please provide other details regarding headache:
1) location: holocranial , hemicranial, frontal, occipital
2) Intensity: mild, moderate, severe
3) Peaking: minutes, hours
4) Character: throbbing, pulsating, bursting
5) Associated features: nausea, vomiting, photophobia, phonophobia, redness of eyes
6) Aggravating factors: missed meals, fasting, chocolate, stress, decreased sleep
7) Relieving factors: Rest, medications
You should visit a neurologist for detailed history and examination and investigations if required.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back with further details .
Dr Neeraj Kumar
2- moderate to severe
3- lasts for hours
6- stressed and decreased sleep
Possibility of migraine like headache
Probably she is suffering from migraine headache.
For prevention she should take timely meals, sleep, avoid fasting, chocolate or coffee or any other aggravating factors.
For treatment she can start taking amitryptiline and Flunarizine daily under neurologist guidance and prescription. Pain killers may be given for Intermittent acute attacks.
She will improve with above treatment approach.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acute headache causes
- Suggest treatment for severe headache with bp
- Why do i get acute headaches
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- Treatment and cure for Acute headache
- Drugs/medication for Acute headache
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Symptoms of Acute headache
- Sudden acute headache
- Diagnosis of Acute headache