Suggest treatment for rectal pain in an elderly person
We don’t want to go to the dr at this time because of the flu that is everywhere.
rectal prolapse or hemorrhoids
Hi and welcome.
Her symptoms are suggesting rectal prolapse or hemorrhoids.
In every case, it is initially treated with dietary and conservative measure.
If there wont be improvement then surgery is required.
It is important to soften her stool and avoid sraining during defecation.
In early phase this is initially treated with dietary changes by having high fibre diet with lot of fluids and make her stool soft. Also she should take fruit, vegetables, avoid chocolate, refined meat, overeating and food that causes There are supplemets such as Psilium and Detralex which may help as well.
Also, she should use sitz baths by sitting in warm water for 20minutes daily.
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for constipation and rectal bleeding
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Rectal itching and pain treatment sucral ointment
- Suggest treatment for solitary rectal ulcer
- Suggest treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding