Suggest treatment for premature greying of hair

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Dr.,

I am 35 year old with almost 35% white hairs. Need your help if I can get my black hair back.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for premature graying of scalp hair.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

You may take Calcium Pantothenate 200 mg once daily and/or Para Amino Benzoic Acid (PABA) 100 mg, orally for at least 6 months e.g PABATAB BZ tablets.
In addition I suggest you to use Melitane 5% gel, once daily (overnight), on scalp skin for 3-6 months e.g Altris gel or Melnora gel.
Response is slow and may not be complete. The goal of treatment is to arrest further progression of premature graying of hair.
These are prescription medications and i suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.