Suggest treatment for phlebitis and swelling in legs
Could be Swelling due to Varicose veins
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
The most common cause of swelling in one leg is varicose veins, cellulitis as well as deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
DVT has been ruled out by doppler of your leg, so the possible of DVT is almost negligible.
Cellulitis is unlikely as it has pain, raised temperature, tenderness , redness and swelling, that your doctor must have ruled out by examination.
So, the possibility left is of Varicose veins, and the treatment suggested to you by them is of Varicose veins related swelling only.
Now, another important thing i noticed in your documents, and that is you take Amlodipine for high blood pressure.
A lot many people on Amlodipine develop swelling of legs, however it is always bilateral and not unilateral.
In your documents it is mentioned, that the swelling is on Left leg , so the Amlodipine induced swelling is very unlikely.
So, my recommendations would be the same as has been suggested by your doctor's. This problem is not a direct consequence of Hypertension.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for phlebitis
- Treatment for phlebitis in leg
- Treatment and cure for salt intake/ phlebitis
- Phlebitis treatment natural
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Treatment and cure for phlebitis
- Treatment and cure for thrombotic phlebitis
- Treatment and cure for superficial phlebitis
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?