Suggest treatment for painful lump in throat and pain while swallowing
GERD is the cause
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. Feeling of a foreign body stuck in a throat is a classic presentation with acid reflux. Until and unless acid reflux gets managed completely this feeling persists. Using some antacid alone is not sufficient. It needs a complete diet and life modifications.
>A good start is always losing weight.
>Avoiding large meals and taking small frequent meals is wise.
>avoiding sweets specially chocolates and caramels etc.
>keeping a time frame of at least 3 hours before meal and lying down.
> keeping head side of the bed elevated for at least 8 inches.
This sensation will subside. Aspirin gargles and garlic water mouth rinses will help.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Swallowed water throat numbness pain tingling mouth face treatment
- Suggest treatment for throat pain
- Sore throat burning while swallowing blood in mucus treatment
- Pain swallowing lump in throat
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- What is the treatment for throat pain when swallowing
- Suggest treatment for throat pain while swallowing
- What is the treatment for pain experienced while swallowing
- Sore throat pain while swallowing nausea and vomiting treatment
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...