Suggest treatment for overactive sebaceous glands on face in a patient with Seborrheic Dermatitis
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Oral Isotretinoin in a low dose is the drug of choice for seborrhea - overactive sebaceous glands. It acts by reducing the size and activity of sebaceous glands by 90%.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Seborrheic dermatitis and face scrub
- Penile seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Seborrheic dermatitis on face treatment
- Treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
- Severe seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Seborrheic dermatitis scalp treatment
- Alternative treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Ayurvedic treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
- Natural treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
- Neutrogina seborrheic dermatitis treatment