Suggest treatment for ostium secundum in children
The size is likely to stay constant.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through the details provided and have also checked the attachments. The hole size is likely to remain the same and even though there is difference in measured sizes, it just seems to be due to difference in measurements; I would not consider the size to vary. The hole in the heart is causing blood to flow from the left (from where the blood goes to the body) to the right (from where the blood goes to the lungs), thus leading to enlargement or dilatation of the right chambers while the blood overload on the lungs is leading to increase in the blood pressure in lungs (Pulmonary arterial hypertension or PAH). This would slowly be progressive and looking at the size, it does not appear to me that the hole will close on its own. But still the doctors wish to wait and watch (because certain holes do reduce in size or close with time).
The changes due to the hole might make her more prone to catching cold, so be careful. You need not panic. But remain prepared for a device closure later on.
Feel free to contact me back directly in case of any further queries.
Wait and observe.
Thanks for writing back. I think that it would be a better idea to wait rather than getting it done right now.
There are a number of factors with which the cost may vary. The range can be wide, from about Rs.50,000 to Rs.3,00,000. However, the following links should be helpful for you:
The symptoms usually do not occur so early in life.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurrent canker sores in children suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in children
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for chapped hands in children
- Ostium secundum asd 7mm
- Does a 7mm small ostium secundum asd require surgery
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Does 7mm ostium secundum atrial septal defect require surgery
- Large ostium secundum tralation in filipino
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment