Suggest treatment for numbness on face after concussion

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I fell a few months ago and had a concussion. I know have a tingley and numbing feeling that goes up my right side of my head. it makes my face feel numb as well with sensations of fullness of my eye lid, nostile, nad lips. this comes and goes frequently. should I be concerned.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get a tailored scan for facial nerve done.

Detailed Answer:

If these symptoms have appeared after trauma, then we can assume its related to facial nerve.

You need to get a scan of for facial nerve done.Regular scan may not show facial nerve properly.

Facial nerve passes through bony canal and injury to canal or impingement of nerve can cause such symptoms.

Discussing this with your doctor can help you plan a scan.Hope this helps.Regards