Suggest treatment for myelodysplastic syndromes
Stem cell transplantation is the treatment of choice.
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
Stem cell transplantation is the treatment of choice for MDS when matched donor is available.
When stem cell transplantation is not an option, MDS is not considered curable. In that case, the goal is to relieve symptoms and avoid complications and side effects of treatment.
Patients with mild low blood counts and few symptoms may be carefully watched without treatment for a while. If low blood counts are causing problems, supportive care treatments such as transfusions, blood cell growth factors, and possibly androgen may be helpful.
If a person has the 5q- type of MDS, then lenalidomide (Revlimid) is often used as the first treatment. If this drug doesn't help, treatment with azacytidine (Vidaza) or decitabine (Dacogen) is often the next option.
Dosage depends on the stage of disease.
These all drugs are highly toxic, so consult your doctor and take treatment on the prescription of treating doctor.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have any doubts then contact me at bit.ly/Drsanghvihardik, I will be happy to answer you.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Myelodysplastic syndrome and cirrhosis
- Myelodysplastic syndrome paroxetine
- Treatment and cure for Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Myelodysplastic syndromes and ayurveda remedies
- Myelodysplastic syndrome peroxide treatment
- Myelodysplastic syndrome is curable
- Myelodysplastic syndrome life expectancy
- Myelodysplastic syndrome leg swelling
- Ayurvedic treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome
- Vidaza treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome
- What does my blood report suggest?
- How long does Marijuana remain in our body after its intake?
- What does my MRI scan report indicate?
- What causes right side abdominal pain?
- What does my blood test result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for stomach cramps and pain in ribs
- What does HIV test result indicate?
- For how many days is Xanax detectable in urine?
- What causes excessive tiredness?
- What does the widal test reports indicate?