question-icon

Suggest treatment for mottled skin on the palms

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Question: The palms of my hands get a kind of mottled appearance. It's a permanent pattern but never seen when I lay in bed, kind of subtle when I'm indoors and mostly seen outdoors. I think that I had it for a long time but less pronounced. I don't have any reticular changes on any other part of the body. I was wondering if it is livedo reticularis or Bier spots or some palmar erythema or just my natural circulation pattern. It may be worth of not that I am in a fairly stressful moment in my life and that I have lost (through changes in diet, willyngly) ca. 30 kg (66 pounds) in the last 7-8 months.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (56 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Either bier spots or hereditary in nature

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed all the attached photographs and it is not looking like livedo reticularis or palmar erythema.
It can be either bier spots or hereditary in nature.
Both are physiological conditions and nothing needs to be done.
Moreover since it increases during outdoor activities and decreases during indoors and on laying in bed there are more chances of it being bier spots. Also you are not having any other complaints so it seems to be physiological most likely.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist