Suggest treatment for molloscum contagiosum in the pubic area

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I'm a 28 year old male on vacation in Los Angeles. Three weeks ago, I was diagnosed with molloscum contagiosum localized to my pubic hair region. I had two cryp freezing treatments, one two weeks ago, and one on Thursday. I'm sharing a hotel room with a friend. This evening, he took a damp bath towel from the corner of the room, which I had used 24 hours previously after showering, and used the towel to dry himself after his shower this evening. My question is if there is any risk, and if so, what is the potential, for him to have contracted the disease? Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thank you,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Molluscum is a contagious disease but the infectivity is very low.
Using damp towel is a risk only if there was abrasion of skin anywhere on his body.
Just ask him to take bath with soap once again and not to share towel.
Just relax there is nothing to worry.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist