Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Yes I have pain in my lower back almost in my butt on the right hip I had rolling in my abdomen almost like gas pains yesterday but no gas that kept going under m y right hip bone putting more pressure on my right hip. It hurts to lay down stand up and walk. Should I be concerned? It is located in my pelvis front and back
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be musculoskeletal pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Going by description of symptoms it is possibly due to muscle spasm. I would suggest you the following

1. Complete bed rest

2. Analgesics like Ibuprofen will be helpful

3. Hot water fomentation to the affected area by using either hot water bag or cloth soaked in hot water will be helpful

If the pain still persist then do consult your physician to rule out possibility of prolapsed intervertebral disc

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha