Suggest treatment for lipoma

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 21 Dec 2015 in Lump
Question: What is the cure for lypoma ( painless fatty lumps that form under skin)
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgical removal is the option

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.
Welcome to HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your query.

Lipoma is a benign tumor of adipose tissue and usually presents as asymptomatic/ painless, soft/rubbery swellings which slip under the fingers when pressed. It is the most common benign form of soft tissue tumor.

Lipomas are usually small, remain the same size over years or grow very slowly. Usually, treatment of a lipoma is not necessary, unless the tumor becomes painful or restricts movement or becomes unsightly or bothersome.

If it becomes cosmetic concern for you or restrict you in some way, then you can go for surgical removal of lipoma. There are no medicines available to reduce or stop the growth.

Where is it situated? How long it has been there?

Surgical removal is the treatment, if it is bothering you.
This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further queries regarding.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 14 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Any options other than non-surgical removal? Or any dietary changes to stop them from happening?its in my navel area and in fore arm.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only surgical management

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Good to hear from you.

Only surgical management is available. As mentioned earlier No medicine, will be helpful.
Hope this helps.

Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
In case you don't have further queries, kindly rate and close the question.