Suggest treatment for large varicose veins under the tongue

Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: Hi!

I have been told I have large varicose veins under my tongue. This morning I woke up and one looks like it's bulging and is sore.
What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take multivitamins supplements else try electrocautry or laser treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in.

Varicose veins are not that dangerous and commonly occurs due to pharyngitis or chronic tonsillitis, constipation. It is very common in middle age people and does not cause much problem. In case it is sore or bothering you too much, you need to take some multivitamin supplements along with proper nutritional diet. In case it still remains the same then go for surgical removal by electrocautry or laser treatment.
Visit oral surgeon for proper examination and treatment plan.
Hope I answered your query.

Kind Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Neha Sumra 25 minutes later
Ok! Thank you. It is very sore, should the swelling go down with time?
My dentist told me awhile ago people get these removed. This is probably why..
thank you.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it will subside on its own

Detailed Answer:
hi

There is no instant treatment for it. You need to wait and it will subside on its own.
Get it removed if it bothers you again and again.

Hope I answered your query

Kind Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra