Suggest treatment for itchy red dots on penis
I have red dots / itchyness on penis from past 2 months, I am applying cadid-B lotion almost regularly still no relief... the red XXXXXXX and itchyness goes off for 2-3 days then it's back.
I am keeping proper hygiene, I am diabetic.
1.Please suggest a solution
2.Please suggest any tests I should do.
Recurrent candidal balanitis
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it. I have seen the Images
Diabetes, if uncontrolled can lead to recurrent candidal infections. This coupled with overenthusiatic hygiene measures like using soaps, antiseptics etc on the delicate genital mucosa can make it red and inflammed.
I would suggest single dose of an oral antifungal e.g flucoanzole 150 mg once every month for 3 consecutive months in case of recurrent candidal infections,
Topically you may use candid-B or Clotrin-B lotion for 7 days.
Cleansing with just plain lukewarm water is good enough.
Treating the partner is also an important part of preventing recurrence.
Sugar levels need to be monitored with tests and brought under strict control with appropriate medicines
So will take flucoanzole 150 mg, once in a month for 3 months ? is it ?
and use Clotrin-B lotion for 2 times in a day ?
Wanted to know if I need to be worried about any thing else ?
Also wanted to know how much is the effect of Diabetes wrt increasing the infection ?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Red penis
- Suggest treatment for itchy and inflamed penis shaft
- Red dots on penis treatment
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Suggest treatment for frequent small red dots on penis glans
- Treatment for red blotches on penis
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- What is the treatment for black dots on penis
- Suggest the treatment for micro penis
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body