Suggest treatment for infertility

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question: this is the first fertility workup and yes i have been tested and i am fine for ivf but my question is what do you think the next steps would be another semen analysis or another procedure to retrieve healthy sperm from his testicles?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IVF

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
You have not specified as to if you have been planned for controlled ovarian stimulation and IUI cycle or a OOCYTE HARVESTING AND ICSI procedure with pre washed sperm sample, in view of oligoasthenospermia in your partner. Please be clear and then i would be able to guide you with your procedure further.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
he doesnt have healthy sperm when he provided a sperm sample no iui cycle because my tubes are messed up and iui has to have healthy tubes and i dont so options are what
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
If your tubes are not patent and blocked then the only option is to remove your ovum after ovulation induction and also remove your husband's sperm through TESA technique and then fertilise the ovum in vitro under controlled environment and transfer the best fertilised embryos into your uterus under vision or ultrasound guidance.
This would be the procedure . If the sperm counts are really too low then the next option would be DONOR SPERM .