Suggest treatment for hypochondriasis
1)I am suffering from hypertension since 2006 and on medication like Sartel-40,Nexovas-5
2)I am suffering from Neurofibroma since 2001
3) My father has been diagonised as a patient of prostate cancer very recently
4)My mother is suffering from various disease like hypertension,arthraitis ,Vasculitis
5) i am married.I have a daughter of age 5.my wife don't want to stay with my parents but as they are aged and ill,theyare completely dependent on me.As i was not agreed to stay away from them hence my wife went to her mother's house along with my daughter.I could not convinced her though i made all separate
arrangement for her in my house.I totally reconstructed my house to offer her separate establishment for her as well as my parents so that i can maintain both the establishment.but she didn't return there.i keep contact with them regularly.
Please consult psychiatrist soon and be cured.
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX
I read your history. You are really passing through a difficult phase of life. I would like to tell you first about your apprehension regarding having some disease. As you have consulted onco specialist, it is clear that you do not have any severe disease.
As you are already patient of hypertension and family history of cancer as well as mother had several diseases, your mental status likely to think about something bad happened to you. There ate three possiblity from diagnostic point of view.
One is hypochondiasis in which patient feels that he/she is suffering from some disease which doctor is not able to identify. Treatment of that is counseling and psychotherapy with some antidepressant medicines.As oncologist or GP are not trained to council in a professional way , they can't help you.
Another possibility is obsessive compulsive disorder without insight. In which persistent intrusive irresistible thoughts came into mind and disturb you from which you want to get rid of. Treatment option is cognitive behavior therapy and/or medicines.
One less likely possibility is delusion somatic type in which your false firm belief that you have something and you can not be convinced that you are wrong though contradictory evidence present. It is something difficult to treat.
For all above condition you need to consult psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Now your family part. You are in dilemma about how to manage wife and parents which is current problem of many men like you due to culture change and generation gape.And due to this family stress your above problem may worsen and you can have depression. To sort out this, you can take help of some family member if you think he/she can convince both parties. If someone like that is no there, convince your wife and parents to consult good professional psychologist who can do relationship counseling and family counseling or some psychiatrist who is doing this practice.
So overall both problem of yours somewhat interrelated and you can surely come out of that with good professional help. You just to keep patience for results.
Hope I have answer your queries, if still any doubt you can ask me without hesitation.
Thanks and all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypochondriasis paper abstract
- Symptoms of hypochondriasis
- Hypochondriasis causes
- Treatment and cure for somatoform disorders/ hypochondriasis
- Treatment and cure for hypochondriasis
- Diagnosis of hypochondriasis
- Hypochondriasis palinopsia
- Diagnosis of somatoform disorders/ hypochondriasis
- Somatoform disorders/ hypochondriasis causes
- Hypochondriasis paper
- Suggest treatment for hypochondriasis
- What causes loss of concentration, brain fog and being unorganized?
- Can drinking lemon with hot water affect sex life?
- Suggest treatment for difficulty concentrating and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for depression
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Suggest effective ways to quit drinking
- What causes mood swings inspite of having Venlafexine and Olanzapine ?
- How to increase penis size?
- What causes confusion after an overdose of morphine?