question-icon

Suggest treatment for hives

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017
Question: I have a serious case of hives. What can I do?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
If you feel breathlessness get the medical help again

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM.

I can understand your concern and i am going to give you more info hoping to help.

Yes it is known that one of the causes of alergic reactions are antibiotics use.

If it is a severe case as you explain the corticosteroids better to have in i/v or i/m via administration for two or three days (depending in the situation ).
If you were my patient i would add in the treatment,antihistamines twice and probably adrenaline and oxygen if you would feel breathlessness.
And i am sure you will feel better again.
After this condition passes be careful to remind the name of antibiotic and to avoid its use anymore.
I would recommend you too, to do the tests of alergy to see for other causative agents as follows :
Prick test
Pneumoalergens
Specific IgE
Spirometry test.

Be careful in monitoring your symptoms these days.If you feel breathlessness get the medical help again

Feel free to ask me again.

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist