• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high BP while on BP medication

Posted on Mon, 22 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hello,
Sir i am XXXXXXX i have hypertension from past year 2014 july at start my pulse rate was 120 and BP was 160/110 my doctor put me on Metpure XL - 10 days then cilamet XL for 1 month my bp goes down to 130/80-130-90 range now then my doctor put me on Metpure AM- 5 lowering the dose my bp increases to 170/80 after 1 month doctor stop it and then change to Metpure HZ-50 higher the dose i take it 2 months i have some side effects also my bp at that time 130/80-89 doctor now again change the medicine to Metpure AM-5 and told me take it 1 month then came to follow my bp was 140/80 doctor told me to take it for 3 months after 3 months bp is 130/80-89 now after that same is going at start i have done walking for 4-5 months then i had started running from December but now my ruuning time is very good but sometime i get chest pain when closing to end of running i go to check for BP and found that after running my BP was 160/100 this is after 2 hours now i have to ask do i have to slow down my speed of running i usally do running 3-4KM sometimes 5KM also sir i also want to close tablet but when i asked my doctor he always said we will lower the dose but never till now 1 year is coming to end and my BP is not cure.this tab lowering my pulse rate to 60-65 which is good but when i take this my bp still always 140/80-89. do still i have to take medicine or stop them.i am very young i have lose 12KG from running now my weight is 70KG i have increase my stamina and every other things but BP is not cure.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can't stop medicines as of now.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

First of all let me address your chest pain while running . It could be just due to dehydration causing muscle spasm but still I would recommend a test called TMT . This will check if there is any issue with your heart and also this test will let you know what must be your running speed. Kindly get the test done and revert back .

Regarding whether medicine can be stopped or not , no it can't be stopped . Your BP is still 140/80 which is high . Even if it comes to normal like 130/80 medicines can't be stopped . If your BP comes to a level of 120/80 or 110/80 then your medications can be reduced and observed .

Apart from exercise I hope you are following low salt diet , if not kindly do.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara