Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for gallbladder stone

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3019 Questions
is a 32mm gallbladder stone XXXXXXX for it required to be removed...if there is no pain?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Asymptomatic Gallstones can be left alone. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern Most guidelines say that Asymptomatic gallstones should be left alone. But if gallstones become symptomatic, causing colic, acute pancreatitis, acute cholangitis, jaundice, and other symptoms, the gallbladder should be removed. We use following recommendations for Surgery for asymptomatic gallstones: 1. Age <50 years 2. gallstones >=3 cm 3. gallstones <= 3 mm 4. Calcified gallbladder. 5. Gallbladder polyps > 10 mm. 6. Sickle Cell diseases 7. Immunosuppressed Patients This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor