question-icon

Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs

Posted on Sat, 22 Apr 2017
Question: what can I take to cure a lung fungal infection
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Firstly discuss with your doctor for the antifungal medications

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM.

I can understand your concern.

There are several fungal lung infections.

Its treatment depends from the severity of the infection ,the condition of the lungs prior the infection and the performance of the patient.

The treatment might be in oral or i/v route of administration.Usually for up to two weeks.

It can be used fluconazol/itraconazol (twice/d) or Amphotericin B (as needed).In some cases corticosteroids might be added in the therapy

But please first consult with your doctor for the above medications.

After h/she will examine you ,will decide for the best treatment choice suitable for your condition.

Best regards.

Feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist