Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Men's Health
Question: Hi i m 32year and facing erctile dysfunction from last 4 minths. Is there any treatment for erctile dysfunction..??
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes treatment is there, see the options

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Treatment for Erectile dysfunction is as follows.

5- PDE inhibitor group of medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil are used for ED. One of them should be used 2 hours prior to sex. They cause headache, stuffy nose nausea and gastric discomfort like common side effects. Proper physical check-up of cardiac system should be done by a doctor before starting the same. These are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for the prescription.

You can use medicine cum vitamin supplement containing pyridoxal-5-phosphate, mecobalamin and l-methylfolate (trade name tetrafol plus)is very helpful in my patients. It has shown improvement in 50-60% patients of mine with ED. You may get this medicine over the counter as it is vitamin product.

As you are likely form XXXXXXX I would like to also mention ayurvedic medicine option. Tentex forte is the medicine which is used for sex related problem. No side effects have been reported.

There are some natural lifestyle measures which help to improve blood flow to penis and overall sexual performance.

- The most important factor is healthy heart. Blood is pumped in to body by heart. So regular exercise and avoidance of fatty fast food are important measures to prevent heart disease. Regular walking, swimming or running overall improves blood flow to whole body circulation including penis and keep the mind fresh.

- Good healthy food is also an important aspect. Bananas, Garlic, dry fruits(they contains vitamins), eggs, cow milk, cow butter are good food which may help in erectile dysfunction.

- Avoid smoking and alcohol. Low amount of alcohol can help in increasing blood flow but more amount can cause opposite effects. So better to avoid the same.

To help you specifically I need some answers.

- Are you married?
If yes duration of marriage? How was previous sex life?
If not married, provide details about sex life with girlfriend. Where and in which circumstances you do sex?

- How did problem started? Any specific incidence was there?

- Do you pay more attention to erection while trying for intercourse?

- Do you have any physical illness, specifically diabetes or high blood pressure?

- Is there any history of history of smoking or alcohol?

- Is there any difficulty in urinating?

- How is relationship with your partner? Any emotional or social problem is there?

- Is there morning erection present?

- Are you able to masturbate?

I will be happy to help further after getting response.

Dr.Chintan Solanki

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 14 hours later
hello doctor
yes i m married. and a son of 5 year. previous sex life was good.
no there was specific incetence.
no.
no physical illness.
yes i consume alcohol 3 times in a week. and 4 to 5 sticks of cigrate.
No i dnt have any difficulty in urinating.
No physical relatio from past 3 months.
No there is bo morning erection.
yes but not in erecte condition.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need to stop alcohol and smoking,serum testosterone level to be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for follow up.

It seems that alcohol and smoking have affected your sex life. You need to stop them soon if you want to stop problem in future also.

You need to check your serum testosterone level. If it comes normal then it is ok otherwise you need supplement of testosterone also.

If I were your treating doctor I would suggest one tablet of tetrafol plus after meal twice daily for two months and one tablet tentex forte daily at night with a cup of milk for 4 weeks. Even after one month of treatment there is no improvement, a drug from 5-PDE inhibitor group can be used.

Hope this answers your concern.Feel free to discuss further.