Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

128 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction in an elderly person

Answered by
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 2484 Questions

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm 66 yrs old, have ED, possibly Peyronis, but my penis has shrunk to such a degree it makes it difficult to even grasp and urinate. Any solutions?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advice to follow up with a urologist

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

Shrinkage of penis and erectile dysfunction can be due to Peyronie's disease or decreased testosterone levels. Blood testosterone levels need to be assessed.
If blood level of testosterone is low, then testosterone replacement and concurrent treatment for Peyronie's disease will increase penis size and function.
Peyronie's disease is managed with oral medication (pentoxyphylline), collagenase injection or surgery depending on severity.
So please be advised to follow up with a urologist for necessary evaluation and management.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on