Suggest treatment for epiphora

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I need to ask a specialist about an eye related
Compkex case ..

Case related to tear canals which gets blocked so often, trued antibiotics, even courtezon, eye drops etc... all wats, temporary improvement only plus some of these i can not use more than certain time due to sideeffects. The case causing lots of difficulties for me at work, other activities etc
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
blocked . if punctum dialatation, syringing no improvements option is dcr.

Detailed Answer:
You are having nasolacrimal duct blocked which has resulted in epiphora. Normally in your case punctum dilatation and syringing has been done. Immediately it opens up and then it is blocked again. It appears there is dacrocystitis. Exact block point can be located by injecting methyline blue and taking x-ray.It can be surgically removed and the operation is dacrocystic rhinostomy. It s a surgical procedure to restore the flow of tear from lacrimal sac to nasal cavity.Before this procedure punctum dilatation and syringing can be done several time. If it does not help then surgical procedure can be under taken.Use of antibiotic to flush the duct due to inflammatory reason generally does not work.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 2 days later
Pls see local doctor report about the case. Appreciate your advice after this.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Local doctor's report does not cover your problem.

Detailed Answer:

Have seen the report but they are not related to your problem. Still if you feel it is helpful you are free to take advise and follow.

What opinion given was best to my ability and likely to help you most.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 13 hours later
Woukd u pks comment on the report givrn by the local dictor pls. I sm surorused u say bot rejsted , it is sane case of my nephew Hyati Ibsais
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
local doctors opinion does not cover present problem.

Detailed Answer:
i have gone through the report of local doctor. As i have informed earlier, they are not much related to your problem. you can give all your report about your present problem and take their view. If you think they can be of any help then you can take their help and follow their advise. I have gone through your problem in detail and best possible advise have been given. but you are free to take second opinion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 2 hours later
Not sure i understood anything you saud...
I need specialist in eye illnesses advise me ..
Can you or not sir?
Brief Answer:
You are seen by eye doctors.

Detailed Answer:
What you initially said and the reports attached were slightly different. I was confused about the same. The report says there is pressure in the eye because of block. As far as I read it, your nephew needs a surgical procedure called Dacrorhinostomy to clear the problem of pressure in the eyes esp the right one where the pressure is above normal. The left one is borderline pressure. You should ask your nephew Ophthalmologist about this procedure and if it can help the problem. Along with this the dry eyes can be treated as well with artificial tears.

Let me know other questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj