question-icon

Suggest treatment for difficulty concentrating and lack of focus at work

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: I'm kinda embarrassed to even talk to someone but I can't keep feeling like this. I just started a new job which I've always been successful n don't want it to change but having difficult time focusing, spacing out. I don't have insurance right now n with working so much it's hard to take off plus can't waste time or money when don't prescribe me something that works. Can I see a doctor online that helps with ADD? That can prescribe meds?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
A direct one to one consultation with a psychiatrist is advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have carefully gone through the details provided. It seems that going by the nature of problems, you should rather see a psychiatrist. I would not suggest an online consultation with a doctor for ADD as it would need a detailed evaluation, something that can better be done by direct one to one interaction. The psychiatrist you see will be able to evaluate whether you have ADD or something else. Based on his evaluation, he can prescribe you suitable medicines. I would insist you not to self medicate. Some doctor through a platform like HealthcareMagic cannot prescribe you medicines.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha