Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

169 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for depression

Answered by
Dr. K. V. Anand


Practicing since :1993

Answered : 6199 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Relationship
Question: my girlfriend is so upset at me, i should have met her 20 month ago, but i got cancer and we didnt met, i ve got major depression, but i could deal with, im still in hospital, but she is acting hard with me, like she doesn't believe me, and all she says is she wish to die and and and. she have also loosed her job, but got another. i don't know what to do with her, im in critical condition and day by day she more hard... does she need any medic or something? seems like she depressed hard too.
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Emotional disturbance

Detailed Answer:
Dear Dd
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns
Thanks for asking this question.

I went through your details. I suggest you not to worry much. I can understand your feelings and emotions. You are aged 25 and due to that you could be more emotional to such issues.

I am overwhelmed to hear that you are able to deal with the major depression problems you have. Also it is heartening to know that you are dealing with your life threatening cancer problem enthusiastically. God bless you.

The provided details about your girl friend's behavior are not much and therefore not enough to come to a proper diagnosis. Still I shall try.

From the given description, I am to understand that she could more disappointed due to your illness. Depressed of course, but may not be depressed clinically. She could be emotionally attached to you and your present health condition could the fact behind her negative behavior.

She is behaving hard with you possibly because she want you to forget her, so that you could be peaceful. The situation she is in could be more complicated than what you are in. She has more to think and worry than you do.

She needs emotional support. An emotional support which only you can provide. Please be with her. Try to talk to her. Be indifferent to her. Whenever possible engage in jovial conversation. I understand your health condition. But to keep her emotional state balanced, you should talk to her more often. Psychiatric intervention may not be necessary for your girl friend at this stage. May be some psychological counseling should be good.

Please come with more of her behavior in your follow up query, so that I shall try for a proper diagnosis.

Thank you. Hope this answers our query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Counseling psychology

doctor1 MD

I had a penile doppler test conducted but my experience was confusing. I was given an injection and asked to stimulate with hand but ibdid not get erection, then i was asked to stand up and shown a porn clip i achieved a very weak full flaccid...

doctor1 MD

My son, studied upto 10th std in KV, XXXXXXX Admitted to an integrated college (XXXX, Belgaum), since he was selected through talent search by XXXX. After admission, he asked to why to XXXX (wanted to be in KV). Again arranged for KV admission...

doctor1 MD

My nine year old son has ADHD , Depression and Sensory Processing Disorder . He takes D- Amphetamine XR 10mg capsule, and then one tablet at night for his symptoms. It usually is helpful but over the last couple days, he has been screaming in...

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir, I am 30 years male Indian, working in Dubai. My engagement was over last April & marriage is fixed in Dec 2012. last 5.5 I do chat/talk with my would be and we were very happy to share our things each other. She is little fatty in nature. & her period was irregular. Some months its not happening at all. So she went through a physical check up & found there is a syst in her (very minute) and doctor suggests to take medicine. She started taking medicine for 4 months & stopped. But when stopped it, the same problem came again. & 4 -5 Days back she consulted another Doctor & his comments was really shoked to her. He asked to take 8 months continuous treatment regarding this. This made her very dip pressed & started thinking weird. Now she says she hates sex & doesnt want to spoil my life & not interested in marriage. still we both love very much each other. I am so disapppointed now & this may be one of the most struggled moment in my life. Could you please advise me.

doctor1 MD

I think I might have either gonorrhea or a UTI, but I can t tell. I am honestly really scared and embarrassed so I can t tell anyone. The only symptom I seem to have is burning during urination which appeared the week of Christmas. It s not very severe, something a slight tingle then sometimes an uncomfortable burn but it s not really painful. I have no discharge, swelling, or redness in or around my area. I am a male who has only had sex with one woman twice, about a month before the symptom appeared.

doctor1 MD

hello i have this symtoms i had my baby on september 1, 2013 i have been feeling dizzy everyday, not feeling myself, feel weak, have post partum depression, went to the doctor he prescribe antibiotics, for dizziness and for depression ....can u help me

doctor1 MD

good morning . my marriage in after one month. and my penis is very small, before that i had a relation with one of my girl freind. that time also i was falling immediate when i insert. now if i do masturbating also withing a mint i fall.. i m very upset what to do which medicine i take please help me. when i feel or going near to any female close that time also i fall in side of my pant.. please