Suggest treatment for contact dermatitis

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I cannot get rid of this contact dermatitis on my lips.it's been 4 years. had all kinds of allergy testing. cosmetics , dental products, metals, all negative. as soon as I stop the steroid cream it comes back. please what can it be?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description, it's steroid sensitive relapsing contact dermatitis. An option for a longer remission with low or no recurrence would be to go for stronger immunomodulators agents like topical tacrolimus or pimecrolimus in consultation with your doctor.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy