Suggest treatment for constipation with bloated stomach

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I suffer from Constipation due to which I have a bloated stomach and putting on weight.I dont sleep well and have a feeling that my breathing is erratic and I get up with dry throat and some times with headache also.I then have to pass urine and drink water .I perspire also a lot but have dry and dull skin .I also have BP but no sugar problem.I have been diagnosed with Vitamin D and B deficiency and am taking medication since last month .For Constipation I have been given Cremalax but the stomach doesnt clear fully leaving me very uncomfortable also
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rectal dulcolax can be relieving

Detailed Answer:
Hi madam,

I have carefully read your query and understand your concern.

Constipation in your case can be relieved with rectal tab bisacodyl/dulcolax,once to you clear your gut ,there after Cremalax daily can be used for maintainence therapy.

2 spoons isphagula husk in water everyday before bedtime can relieve constipation.

Oatmeal for breakfast can help you to loose weight associated with constipation.

Symptoms of erratic breathing with sleep deficiency should be carefully evaluated further by "polysomnography",which can detect the pattern sleep architecture .

Dry throat ,nocturia(night time urination)with an urge to drink water should be further Re-assessed through blood and urine sugar testing along with electrolytes to detect any latent diabetes .

a complete thyroid profile is needed to evaluate dry skin in your age group.

You can continue with all your prescribed medications.

Consultation with an expert Nephrologist can help you to get further assistance.

I hope this info is helpful to you.

Post your further queries if any on http://bit.ly/drsureshheijebu
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj