Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for choledochal cyst

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 3630 Questions

Posted on Wed, 7 Jan 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello Dr XXXXXXX XXXXX,my sister is diagnosed with choledocal cyst,what are the treatment options,which doctor should I go for?thanks for your XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit Surgical gastroenterologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I understand your query and concern.

Choledocal cyst is absolutely treated by surgical means only.

Medical management is least effective in offering cure.

This surgical procedure should be done under expert consultation with a Surgical Gastroenterologist.

Post surgery you need to have follow up with both surgical gastroenterologist and a pediatric/adult medical gastroenterologist.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on