Suggest treatment for central serous retinopathy

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 4 Jul 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Dear Doctors,

I have been suffering from CSR in my right eye since last 5 months. It appears like a worm of 1 cm length in my vision. Am taking HHLEVO for itching that appears once in three days on my body, arms, fingers and legs, since last 2 months.
Am taking Retinox D since last 3 days.
I work in computers due to Ph.D work. But I stopped working in computers much. Am working as Asst.Prof. in a Private Engg. college.
Am also advised by doctors not to take NSAID drugs, as I am also suffereing from ITP with a count of 55000 platelets.
Am also facing issues on Renal Calculi once in 2 months. So am taking Cystone tablets by Himalaya drugs.
Taking everything into considerations, kindly help me with good drugs with no side effects to deal with CSR.
Thanks
- XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines will have side effects

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

Central serous retinopathy (CSR) can be treated by a number of ways. The following link summarizes the approaches:
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/0000-treatment#d7
I understand that you want to avert side effects. But any external principle has multiple actions and there cannot be only one thing that any medicine does. The undesired ones are called side effects and they cannot be avoided. We have to make the best choice by weighing the rewards with the risks.

You need to talk to your doctor about the individual medicines and seek to know if they are suitable for you.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Dear Doctor,

Truly unsatisfied reply, because it appears as a lecturing to a Medical student.

I plead you to look at me as a patient in need and kindly do not give me links for studying, as like lecturers do for online courses, expecting us to understand them.

I have done online studies for my issue and I need not have to pay to get a link through you, as a reply.

When the site asked me to pay Rs. 199, I felt it would be worth enough for a solution.

I request a solution at the least equivalent for the entire description I have taken pain to describe.

I seriously find that you have been focusing on my intention to avert side effects and neither on treatment nor medicines for prescription.

Thank you so much and the admin can delete this reply, if found too outspoken.

Sorry for hurting anyone in this regard.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
photodynamic therapy(PDT)is most effective treatment yet wth minimal SEffct

Detailed Answer:
I am really sorry that my answer did not meet your expectation. But the fact is that I was trying to make you aware that any medicine can have side effects. Side effects occur in only in a few people among the numerous people (1 in several thousands or even lakhs) taking the medicine and there is no way to predict in whom it will occur.

As regards the treatment, photodynamic therapy (PDT) seems to be the most effective treatment yet with the least side effects. Use of verteporfin and PDT can also be done. You need to talk to your doctor to know if these are suitable for you.