Suggest treatment for blood in stool

Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am 8 month Pregnant. blood is coming in my stool continuously since last 3-4 months.

My Doctor has advised me to use entofoam enema, in month of XXXXXXX that i am using continuously once in a day.

Please suggest what needs to be done.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Well needs evaluation for the cause of flare be it worsening of disease or aggravated by underlying some infection.
Worthwhile getting your stool examined on three occasions for additional infection.
If it is found then needs to be treated accordingly after consulting your physician.
If no obvious infection can consider increasing the dose of meselamine or adding an meselamine enema in addition to ongoing enema.
If Entofoam has been recently introduced and symptoms are mild can wait for things to improve with same treatment as per your physician.
Ensure good nutrition and take buttermilk and curd in your diet. They will help you in long run too.
Hope this answers your questions.
Happy to help.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D